Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well, wouldn't you know it...



Someone in our class just had their 13th grandchild yesterday, with 2 more on the way this year. I am certainly excited for them -- green with envy, but excited too.

There is something about grandkids that makes us appreciate the little things in life, like the peace and quiet when they go back home – grin, grin. No, actually, I have learned a lot since “grandparenthood”.

1. Spoil them

2. Take tons of pictures

3. Know when it’s time for them to go home (I’m revisiting this one)

4. Afternoon naps are great for all of us

Searching the internet has helped me find some pretty cool grand parenting tips and ideas. I like this site: grandparents.com

Sometimes I need to find something for the kids to do (like pronto) so I download and print out all kinds of projects here: papertoys.com or thetoymaker.com or Disney.com color pages.

Now here are the real questions, how many grandchildren do you have?

What fun things do you like to do with them?

What have you learned?

Who has the 13 with 2 on the way? Can you guess?

I’ll tell you next post, so be watching.

Oh, I haven’t forgotten the apology or two that I owe…they’re on the way too .

Have a great day Panthers!

becki merrill woodward

3 comments:

  1. I don't know who has 13 grandchildren (wow!!), but I would venture a guess of maybe Wesley Nelson? It's purely a guess, as I haven't talked to Wes for several years. I can't wait to find out! Rick and I have our own little "Brady Bunch" of grandkids, 3 boys and 3 girls. Our youngest granddaughter was just born on Jan. 21st and her name is Juliette Jane Tew. How sweet is that?
    Rick is immensely enjoying his hobby of ice fishing this time of year. He loves to go to Chesterfield (down past Soda Springs) at least once a week. I'm always invited but, b-r-r-r-r, I'm just not into that! What is everyone else doing for fun these days?
    Jane Tew

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey janie...i notice between bec and you and a few others this is quite interesting...i just never have the time to sit at the p.c. cool man...R2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy Tew, thanks for posting a comment. Step away from the mortar and join us once in awhile. We want to hear from you more often!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you are a member of our class. We would also love to hear from anyone asssociated with former Snake River attendees.