Friday, October 9, 2009

Halloween Past...


Here we are, well into October - the spooks are out to trick or treat. What do you recall of your Halloweens past? Any cool costumes, parties, or pranks? If you dare -- tell all!

Or... do you even like Halloween?
We had the Sadie Hawkins dances around this time of year, didn't we? That was fun...girls asking guys.

On another note: I would love to hear from you guys. Lately I heard from Carl Atwood, thank you Carl for your comments and for letting us know you were well and busy, working for the City of Blackfoot.

Ricky Jensen emailed me to add his email address to the sidebar list of classmates - thank you Ricky. Did you know that you can click on some of the classmate's names and email them? If you would like me to add your email just click on my name and send me the info.

I heard from Barry Scott, how cool, thank you Barry. Keep checking back here for at least 2 more years to find out about our classs reunion...and a possible dry run casual get-together this summer. That is if we can muster enough interest in one.

Here's a little ditty for you, one of us has ventured/moved from the Snake River Valley and lives here: (can you guess who?)  http://www.sawtoothcamera.com/

It's so beautiful, I'm jealous!

Another of our classmates lives here: (can you guess who?) They spend part of the year at the home place in Moreland and part of the year in this beautiful place...   http://www.jacksontradingco.com/webcam.htm

I lived there in the summer of 1973 and managed a little leather store called Leather Etc. in Crabtree Corner. It was right near Merry Piglets, the glassblower and pottery studio. It has all changed since then, that's for sure.

Leave a comment if you know who our two classmates are and wish them warmth this winter...

Happy Halloween everyone!
becki merrill woodward

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I know who these two classmates are, but I'll wait a few days to reveal my guesses. Come on, you lurkers, go ahead and leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I hate to be the only one leaving comments, but I have a Halloween memory for all you Moreland/Riverside kids, and wonder if you remember it, too. We were in the 6th grade the year we (Moreland) joined with Riverside, and we met in the old Riverside school on Highway 39. That year they let the 6th graders be in charge of the Spook Alley and we had it in the basement. I don't remember all the details, but I do remember that we thought it was awfully scary, but a lot of fun to make and be in, too. Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon Steffler HenrieOctober 15, 2009 at 4:30 PM

    I do remember this and wow we made a great spook alley! Remember Mr. Mottoshaw??? I think that is how you spell it.Hope Everyone out there is doing well. Sharon Steffler Henrie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you are a member of our class. We would also love to hear from anyone asssociated with former Snake River attendees.